Saturday, May 08, 2010

This week in Rochester

I:

Launched the new KidsOutAndAbout.com

Dealt with fallout as KidsOutAndAbout.com crashed due to four times the expected stress on the server

Turned 41

Barely kept up with feeding and clothing the new baby (found lots of niggly little problems with the web site, helped organizations get their listings up and running, sold a couple of upgrades)

Accepted congratulations

Got rejected from a publisher for The Frontier Team

Couldn't sleep

Let the house go to hell temporarily

Let the kids do lots of independent work

Went on the radio twice

Picked up my cello from the shop where it was being repaired

Took a heavenly half-hour with Madison and played cello with her as she practiced viola

Realized that playing cello really is like riding a bicycle, except now I understand what music is about much better than I did 25 years ago.

Breathed sometimes, ate sporadically

----------------------------------------------
It's all in the service of a new and improved work life, but I could never keep up this pace forever.

2 comments:

John Enright said...

Belated happy birthday, you whirlwind.

Anonymous said...

Whew!

Here's hoping for a calmer week this week !