
We had a fun, energetic, and non-frantic birthday party yesterday for Madison on our screened-in porch. I had always vowed (there's that vowing again!) to have the girls' birthday parties outside the house, to let other people manage it for me. But Madison really wanted to have a woodworking party with Miss Judy, from whom she's been taking lessons during the spring and summer. Miss Judy actually does it pretty cheaply, and I figured that since it would be the main activity, I wouldn't have to plan other "party games." I have always had these nightmare visions of having to corral a screaming bunch of kids and lead them from one activity to another. This was pretty tame; we had eight kids accept the invitation, although only six showed (!). I made great little gift favor bags with real tools: A small screwdriver, pliers, a level, glue (Wal-mart for only 9 cents each!), and a ruler. Miss Judy managed everything well, everyone had a good time, and as you can see from the photo, the local bakery was able to take this printout that I made by downloading some "tool alphabet" letters from the web and put it in edible form on the cake. Interestingly, every single present Madison got was art supplies, although one family also gave her a Mad Libs books.(Too bad I'm banning art projects until we sell the house. They'll have art Thursdays with Mrs. Geffken anyway.)
No comments:
Post a Comment