Friday, November 03, 2006

Magic revisited

Well, it's like night (yesterday) and day (today).

The morning isn't over yet, but I'm still going to check it off as a plus. And I say this because the thing that worked the magic for the girls this morning was these two free printable lists from ChartJungle.com, thanks to this entry on Dy's blog:

Ready for school checklist

Learning checklist

The kids have just dived right in enthusiastically, checking off accomplishments left and right. We even baked our bread this morning -- well, Ella and I baked Teddy Bear Bread. Madison hovered with good grace, despite having lost bread-baking due to her behavior yesterday. They each get to rip off a hunk of warm, delicious bread after checking "done" on each subject on the learning checklist. It's working.

Peace and contentment reigns. Contrary to my post from the other day, maybe there is such a thing as magic.

No comments: