Ella had a math explosion last weekend, a big one. First, she showed that she has mastered the concept of multiplication. If you ask her 6 x 8, for example, she'll figure it out, somehow, counting in her head. It's fairly amazing.
Then, we decided that she was ready to be introduced to X. And by god, that child loves X. x + 4 = 12? No problem, give me one harder. x - 3 = 15? Oh, come on, I need a harder one. x - 6 = 22 ... ok, that's hard enough. Um, maybe a little too hard! Ok, it's 28. Give me another! Another! Another! When I've been giving her a set of 12 problems for school, she gets through them in 5 minutes.
X is now Ella's best friend, and has been our constant companion for a week.
I love this.
Monday, April 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment