Monday, June 11, 2007

Blasting off into the summer

I took a short trip to Florida with some colleagues -- no kids -- and saw the shuttle launch on Friday evening. It was wonderful, marvelous inspiring, so much so that I have so much to say, too much for the brief time I have right now.

I can't wait to find some time to take the kids. Soon, it will have to be.



Hey, didn't my camera do a good job? If you look at the photo in its original context, Atlantis is only a small spec in the middle, as we're 6 miles away from the launch pad.


But my camera is a 7.1 megapixel, and so I was able to crop it and look at it, and hey presto, pretty cool.

I couldn't resist the books in the bookstore there at Kennedy Space Center. We're going really heavy on space, and the shuttle, this week at Mariposario. The books I got weren't enough, we had to go and load up on some more at the library this morning.

No comments: