Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Gala went well

The absolute focus of my life for the last several weeks, the Bach Children's Chorus Fundraising Gala, was last night. It went well, although I have lots of things I would change if I were in charge of the way the Gala is run. I would run it like Donald Heath used to run a seminar, like carefully painting a picture, with hours of careful thought and design for every step. That's ok, though, I don't want to run it or anything. And my contributions really were important.

I would say (and Madison would agree with me) that the kids were a little off their game in the concert. But they also had a terrific 6-man a capella group called The Bow Ties who gave their own performance, and also sang Lida Rose with both the Bach and Mozart Choruses. One of the Bow Ties' songs is still running through my head: "Easter Island Head," which apparently originated with an a capella group called Throat Culture.
I want a head like the heads you see on Easter Island.
I could only find one instance of this song on YouTube, which is of a young men's group at Melbourne High School, where ever that is. It's still funny, but not nearly as funny as the version from the Bow Ties. But still worth seeing.

Anyway, the Gala is done. And now life A.G. can commence. Gotta finish up my taxes.

No comments: