Almost everything was handwriting today, and it worked. Who'd've thunk it, after yesterday's fiasco.
Handwriting was handwriting.
Math was handwriting.
Spelling was handwriting.
Then we did more handwriting, cursive practice
Read-aloud about caves and layers of the earth wasn't handwriting.
Google research on 10 trees wasn't handwriting.
I explained to Madison at the beginning of the day that I think she's being held back by her handwriting, so we'll be doing a lot of that for the next month to give her practice.
She was actually happy about this. Go figure.
What she liked best was the page of numbers I had her do. One number per line, for 10 lines.
I had her write as many perfect numbers as she could on each line, then at the end of the line I counted up the number of numbers, then the number of which of those were good, and did the division problem with her to get the percentage that were good.
It was incentive to do it well, and that kind of thing works with her. She wants to see those percentages high.
And she was even interested, mildly, in the division equation.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment