Actually, this is not a glad-eyed pie-in-the-sky wish, it's active. And she proved she's ready last night by taking Madison's hand-written guide to "This Land is Your Land" which she figured out on her own the other week
G A B C Cand started playing it on her own. She then got me to write out the letter-notes to Twinkle Twinkle and has been playing it almost perfectly, with the right rhythm and hold to the notes and everything...and singing in tune along with it. (She often doesn't sing in tune, this has actually had her modulating her voice to match the piano.)
C G A B B
etc
And this morning the very first thing she did was come over to the piano to practice. And she wants me to write out MORE songs. Right now.
The problem is, of course, that *I* still want piano lessons. :-) I'm paid up for the grown-up lessons until the end of the month, I have two more. I guess then she can have my slot.
No comments:
Post a Comment