Everything delights a chickadee.
--E.B. White, The Trumpet of the Swan
While Madison is swishing through the heat in her 19th-century outfit this week in her Learning & Leisure camp at Genesee Country Village (photo coming later this week), Ella is spending the week at home with me. She is loving this so intensely, so passionately, that I wonder if I should try to find some more Ella-and-mom-alone-time during the year. (And maybe I should carve out some more Madison-and-mom-alone-time too.)
"After we drop Madison off, we're going to Wegman's and BJ's."
"YAY!"
"We'll go to the Wegman's up in Webster that has those "shopper in training" grocery carts you like."
"REALLY? Ohmygosh, THANK YOU, Mama, I love those, I really love those.
And indeed, the child is practically wiggling with delight as we get out of the car.
Then, yesterday, we spent the whole day cooking, while I got no work done. We made vanilla ice cream and strawberry ice cream and mango salsa and we tried to make lemon sorbet but it didn't work. She wore her apron and chef's cap. She picked mint from the garden. She tried everything, and really liked the raw red pepper that was in the salsa. She washed the dishes, splashing around happily and being mostly successful. And at various points, the most adorable child in the world would fling her arms around my waist and try to squeeze the bejesus out of me (there is no more left) and cry out, "I LOVE this, Mama. I LOVE spending the day with you. I LOVE cooking with you."
Wait till she finds out we're going to Strong Museum later in the week.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment