I had read a fair amount over her shoulder during the weekend, and after she was done I grabbed the book and read the last 250 pages. I read the last hundred pages twice, actually. It was terrific.
I don't know that I've read faster-paced action, ever.
My favorite passage (not a spoiler):
"It was not, after all, so easy to die. Every second he breathed, the smell of the grass, the cool air on his face, was so precious: To think that people had years and years, time to waste, so much time it dragged, and he was clinging to each second." (page 699)
I would probably punctuate the passage somewhat differently, but that's just the editor in me looking at what I just typed.
Also...am I alone in possibly seeing Rand here?
Page 638... "Harry's mind was in free fall, spinning out of control, unable to grasp the impossibility...the evidence of all of his senses must be lying --"
The sheer heroism and scope is reminiscent of Rand, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment