I don't remember any weekend recently when we didn't have anything pressing to do or accomplish, and it was wonderful. It was boring, though. This is a very boring post.
I'm wrong, actually, we did do something...but Friday night so it really doesn't count. We went to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the Blue Cross Arena. I still love those free press pass tickets that publicists keep giving me so I'll write reviews. I'm still inordinately pleased that I get all these tickets free...can't take the Jersey out of the girl, David says. The "game" was fun, but the sound quality wasn't good and the kids didn't really get the jokes, and they don't know the finer points of basketball, so a lot was lost on them. What a genial time, though; David pointed out that the Harlem Globetrotters are among the last vestiges of Vaudeville.
Then, Saturday, David took the kids to choir while I *read*, ye gads, for several hours. And then we just hung around the house and all did our thing. I sent off a bunch of free passes I'd received for my readers to see the Spiderwick Chronicles movie screening on Wednesday, making about 50 people happy, but otherwise didn't accomplish a blessed thing other than laundry. We watched David Attenborough and then a documentary on Ella Fitzgerald with the girls, and then went to bed.
Today, I organized a ton of financial papers while watching about four Bob Ross painting shows I'd taped (yay me, I've been wanting to accomplish this for a year...the paper sorting, not the painting show watching) and then we went over to the Rochester Central Library. I was looking for the one book on Tupperware history that exists, because a fine point in the book I'm writing revolves around a particular Tupperware lunch box manufactured in the 70s (though unfortunately the book wasn't very helpful). Then we went across the street to the Rundell Library, and the kids sat around and read while David and I and spent a nice hour browsing through some of their wonderful collection of local history books. (I was very proud of the girls, they're real sports about this kind of thing.) Then we ran through the eight-but-with-wind-chill-minus-13 degree wind over to the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que for dinner, came home, read, and put them to bed.
The most uneventful and relaxing weekend I've had in a long time. See, aren't you bored just reading about it?
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment