Tuesday's Birthday of the Day was Hank Aaron and Wednesday's Birthday of the Day was Babe Ruth. So perhaps it's no coincidence that Madison took to doing "bases" in math like a duck to water. I had given her an overview of the idea even before we left Virginia in late 2006, but the re-introduction has really anchored the concept beautifully in her mind. She slurped it up with a fairly brief explanation from David and some strategy augmentation from me later in the morning. I made up a sheet with questions like:
Thirteen in base 2
Forty-nine in base 7
Fifty in base 5
One hundred in base 5
Madison ate these questions for lunch, with few mistakes.
I have to get this kid programming, soon. She's going to love it. Someone had recommended Alice.org. I will have to check this out.
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment