Monday, May 05, 2008

On the other hand, I've already had my babies

"And I'm going to be 40!" Sally sobs.

"When?" asks Harry.

"Someday..." she gestures vaguely.

"In
eight years!"

"But it's there. It's just sitting there like this big dead end."
I, on the other hand, will turn 40 in just a matter of days. 365 of them, to be precise. Now, I can't say this very loudly in a house where someone turned 50 a few months ago, so I will whisper it:


eeek.

3 comments:

Jenn Casey said...

Happy Birthday!

Go ahead and Eeek all you want!

Deb said...

Thanks, Jenn! My family got me a Roomba, and, while not the most romantic present ever, it was exactly what I wanted. So it's been a fun day.

John Enright said...

I read this the day you posted it. But for some reason I re-read it today, and the light bulb finally clicked on over my head. Happy Belated.