Too much is going on to miss it, around here. Plus, I feel that I have this responsibility to report on as much as I can for my readers.
Saturday, after choir, we went apple picking. The empires were awesome.
Yesterday, we went to Holiday Hollow, the most awesome Halloween venue in the world. Someday soon I'm sure I will find the connector chord for my camera to the PC and then there will be good photos.
Today, we're going to Brown's Berry Patch -- they have a special day for Columbus Day -- that is, as long as the kids get their work done.
Tomorrow there is the kids' beloved nature class out at Genesee Country Nature Center. And Wednesday is a field trip to Ganondagan, an Iroquois longhouse in Victor, NY. Wednesday night we're seeing a dress rehearsal of Fiddler on the Roof being performed in Rochester.
Oh, and by the way, I'm getting busy making Halloween costumes. Madison is going to be a piano. An upright, in case you're wondering. We'll see if I can pull it off. We had gone for dinner at some friends' on Friday night, and they had just gotten a large flat-screen TV--with the perfect box to use for making a piano, at least the way I envision it.
Ella is going to be the piano player: She's going to wear David's tuxedo coat, a top hat if I can find one at the Dollar Store, Madison's tie and cummerbund from her choir uniform, a carnation, and white gloves.
It's David's job to rig the iPod and speakers inside the piano so they can blast Rachmaninoff or something.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment