Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bootstraps

When you hit a slump, you have to put your head down and plow through it.

And then, if possible, you mix it up a little.

We've been so busy what with Schoolhouse Rock and all of the activities, and I've been so busy getting the new version of KidsOutAndAbout.com going (release date of April. April, damn it. It's going to be April) that we hit a kind of slump.

As I said, first thing was head down and try to plow through it.

But now I'm in Total Reorganization Mode. Specifically, the basement (school room that we haven't spent time in because it's been too cold and it's just become a dumping ground) and Ella's bedroom. And the books.

It's Winter Break here in Rochester, and the girls don't want to "do school." We WILL do school later this week, but right now all of the printers are disconnected because of Total Reorganization Mode so I can't print out their to-do sheets. Good excuse. So this morning they'll help me organize and then we'll go see The Lightning Thief movie. Tomorrow we're doing something called the Challenger Mission at the Rochester Museum & Science Center, which has the kids (and two parents, including myself) run a simulated space shuttle mission. And then Thursday afternoon we'll go play laser tag and roller skate at Horizon Fun FX.

But back to reorganization.

Oh, and hey, I was on the local news last night. Here's the link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, The Lightning Thief is out already? I have to go see it.

I kind of love Total Reorganization Mode. Even though reorganizing takes a lot of work, it always leaves me feeling empowered and energized. I hope it does the same for you. If not, maybe the laser tag will work. :)