I am finding I have hit an unexpected wall during TRM (Total Reorganization Mode).
The schoolroom looks great. So great that all I want to do is sit in it and USE it. But I'm not done. That's the problem. I have stuff in OTHER rooms of the house that need to be sorted and put away or thrown away. I have 600 books that need to be sorted and distributed to the six charities for which Schoolhouse Rock sponsored the book drive. I have a huge stack of my own stuff to be filed -- oh, sure, it LOOKS fairly neat sitting in a high-sided black basked under my desk, but it will take some work to get it done. And I have to find some way to anchor to the wall the door-covered-in-dry-erase-board-with-fancy-trim-on-top-of-six-short-cabinets that has become an awesome new workspace for me and the girls.
And then there will be taxes.
Sigh.
Better get to it. I think I'll have some John Rutter playing on YouTube to get me in a serene and mellow mood.
This afternoon, the four of us are going to see the Jeremy Pelt Quintet (jazz, featuring trumpeter Jeremy Pelt) downtown. My goal is to have it all done by 3:30, before we leave.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No!! Not the wall!
I am having trouble visualizing "the door-covered-in-dry-erase-board-with-fancy-trim-on-top-of-six-short-cabinets," but it sounds very cool.
I knuckled down and filed my taxes earlier this week. WHAT a relief.
Enjoy the concert, and good luck meeting those goals.
Post a Comment