Sunday, July 11, 2010

19 pages last week

So, I'm currently one quarter of the time into my month-wherein-the-girls-have-camp-and-so-I-have-silence, and I have one-quarter of the remaining work on Food Fights completely done. In short, I'm on track.

I think I'll be collapsing two of the remaining chapters into one, which this means I have completed 10 out of the 16 chapters. And, I've worked out a good deal of bits and pieces of the rest. Chapter 12 is a totally cool chapter, just too tempting not to work on...a chapter in which all of these seeds I sewed earlier on burst into bloom. Phrases kept blossoming in my mind, too, perfect dialogue for Chapter 12. So, I cheated and wrote some of it before knuckling down and working on Chapter 11. It was like dessert before dinner.

I'm right now in the middle of Chapter 11. It's going much faster than those always-dreaded middle chapters 8, 9, and 10. Chapter 11 has my main characters doing some very clever internet public relations to get their video to go viral, and boy, do I know about P.R. and the internet. So even though it's no Chapter 12, Chapter 11 is proving fun to write. And as soon as I finish it (Tuesday? Wednesday?) I'll really be in the end game.

No comments: