Madison and Ella started Sleeping Beauty camp today and loved it. Yay! Never have I been so happy with a camp. For the first two weeks, it's 9am-12pm, and for the second two weeks (Alice in Wonderland) it's 9am-5pm.
I have two main goals for July:
1) KidsOutAndAbout.com stuff includes preliminary work to get the new Albany KidsOutAndAbout.com site up and running, several reviews to write for the current KOA site, and more meetings and contacts here in Rochester to make some immediate cash.
2) But in addition to that, I will be able to dedicate actual, uninterrupted attention on:
Food Fights
Because come the end of July, it WILL be done. I swear.
I have 20 days plus weekends, minus one weekend in the middle where my friend Candace is bringing her three kids from Pennsylvania to visit. My requirement is four pages per day to finish it, then a solid week at the end to revise, before starting agent queries in August.
I can do it. Despite having a dentist appointment this morning, I got my four pages in today. And, I admit, I do love this book. My four reviewers from the conference gave me three enthusiastic thumbs-up and one lukewarm this-isn't-my-genre-so-I-don't-know-how-to-respond, so I'm fired up to finish it and get it published. I can see it, damn it. (I can also see the made-for-TV movie based on it, but I guess there's no need to get ahead of ourselves. On the other hand, as I always say, if I can take a little pleasure NOW from dreaming, why not do it? It's free. It's either have the pleasure now, or don't. I think I'll choose to have it.)
Monday, July 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment