I found a (cheap!) drama class for Madison on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next five weeks at Penfield Recreation. She started Tuesday, and she LOVES it. There are about 9 kids age 8-12, and they're doing some crazy fractured fairy tale as a play. Quite involved, 60 pages of script. Each kid is doing two roles; Madison got cast today as Splenda, the good witch (and the mother of the star of the show, Brenda, a tall 12-year-old) and the Fairy Godmother. They'll do a show on a stage in late October, with costumes and everything. The director is a calm, lovely woman named (like her last theater arts teacher) Pam, who seems to know what she's doing, and the other kids (I think 3-4 boys, 4 other girls) seem enthusiastic and nice.
Did I mention Madison loves this? She already has some of her part memorized, and given how great she's been at poem memorization lately, I think she's found one of her niches.
I wouldn't mind spending the next 10 years as a theater mom, either. The kids who get involved tend to be nice, and focused, and mature. A good group for the girls to associate with.
I think I'll take them to the dress rehearsal of Grease next Wednesday night, to which I've been invited as publisher of KOA. There have to be some perks, after all.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment