Tuesday, November 13, 2007

You Can't Dry Yourself with a Wet Towel

Madison came up to me this morning and said,

"Hey, Mom, I've discovered a great new saying! At least I think it's a new saying. I've never heard it before. But I can't figure out where to use it:

"You can't dry yourself with a wet towel."

She's right! That would be a great saying!

So in what situations, my lovely literate readers, might one use the expression, "You can't dry yourself with a wet towel"? Get creative, here.

Southerners are most definitely welcome. I'll never forget Laura telling me, "Deb, your Northern-ness sticks to you like chewing gum to the cat."



In other news:

I've been a little quiet because we've had a little struggle and backtracking here at Mariposario in the last several days. David discovered over the weekend that Madison couldn't do multi-digit multiplication. She could, A YEAR ago! Damn it. I was embarrassed that I didn't know this, that we hadn't kept her up with it. (I know, if I'd been using Saxon math it wouldn't have happened, as that is so thorough and includes so much review.) And trying to get her to go back and do it has been like pulling teeth. It takes her an hour to do 6 problems, with a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth and lack of focus. If she'd just focus, she'd be fine, but she isn't, and she protests that she is when she's not. Ugh. I haven't gotten that much work done, we're all still working at 2pm, which is unusual for us.

I've dropped the ball a bit on the WRTR, too.

I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. I'm a little behind on my work, though not much, it's slowed down a little.

I haven't delivered the Girl Scout cookies yet.

It's time to regroup. I have to plan ahead more. Maybe I have to change some of my methods.

After all, you can't dry yourself with a wet towel.

No comments: