
Hi, folks. I wanted to let all the Ayn Rand fans out there know that you can bid for FIVE Rand brand-spanking new books on MissionFish, which the Bach Children's Chorus is using for fund raising.
These five books, plus The Literary Art of Ayn Rand, retail for $132 and were donated by The Objectivist Store. I just put them up on the web, and am hoping that the BCC can get at least $65 for them. What a bargain! You KNOW you need some extra (and beautiful, and cheap) Rand books lying around in case someone you love needs a gift, right?
In hardcover, we have:
Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead
and
We the Living
In softcover, we have:
Capitalism, the Unknown Ideal
Philosophy, Who Needs It?
and
The Literary Art of Ayn Rand
Here is the link to see how much is being bid currently for these books. Right now, the starting bid is only $25.
I'm advertising them on KidsOutAndAbout.com, as I am with all of the other auctions, partly as my little personal means of raising visibility among thousands of readers. It will be interesting to see whether people go for them. But I'm kind of hoping that they will go to someone for whom it actually means something.
2 comments:
What a great activism idea! And thanks for sending this post to the carnival this week!
Jenn, if you feel like posting it to YOUR blog, please have at it, a lot of Objectivists read you!!!
Post a Comment