I was working on math with Ella this morning, somewhat late because one of David's students had visited for a few hours at breakfast.
Ella knew this was going to be a shortened schoolwork day because of our visitor and because bowling is early this afternoon.
Nevertheless, there she was, whining at me shortly before lunch. "I wish I only had to do ONE page instead of TWO pages."
I looked at her, annoyed, and said, "You know, someday just for kicks I think I'll give you a taste of a REAL school day. We'll start at 8am, we'll end at 3, I'll give various lectures and you can sit still and listen, you'll do your work, and then afterward you can do your homework. How's that sound?"
She burst into tears.
Really not my proudest moment.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment