I'd had intentions of having this summer be reading-intensive for Ella -- not necessarily reading herself, but being read to -- in the hopes that there would be a sudden "click" and she'd just be reading on her own.
Well, life was quite busy this summer, what with camps so I could work, and trip to Tamra and William's, and having Dario over for a week and the Maughlins over for a week. So we didn't get to spend hours and hours sitting around reading.
I had Ella read some for me yesterday. I wanted to see whether The Click had happened.
No, in fact she's regressed. Sigh. And her enthusiasm hasn't increased.
But it's not that far of a regression, and I'm sure she'll catch up quickly once we get going again.
I'd really believed in The Click. Damn.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment