Friday, August 17, 2007

She has no idea

The Harry Potter surprise birthday party is tomorrow, and Madison has no clue!

She'll be going with Mateo, Maria, Ella, and Alan and David to a picnic for their karate dojo from 10-1:30, then she'll arrive back here at 1:45 and if all goes well, the kids will jump up on the deck (not off the deck) and yell Surprise! I will put a Harry Potter Gryffindor robe on Madison, hand her a wand and the glasses, and get the party started.

Then they will all:

  • Make HP wizard hats out of construction paper and put sticky stars on them
  • Make HP wands
  • Hunt for Hagrid's dinosaur eggs (Easter eggs, some with baby dinosaurs in them -- couldn't get dragons but I figured that Hagrid would like dinosaurs equally well) in the backyard
  • Play pin the tail on the unicorn if I get my act together and draw a big unicorn
  • Whack at a wizard hat pinata
  • Drink potion punch (orange soda, V8 splash, pineapple juice, and gingerale with a big ol' chunk of dry ice bubbling in the middle)
  • Eat an HP cake
  • And then, if weather permits, put on swim suits to play on the slip-n-slide which is on sale for $85 at Toys-backwards-R-Us, or at least WAS last week when I saw it there. If weather does not permit, they'll just play.

    Think that can use up 2 hours?
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Oh, yes, this is a great plan. I predict those kids will have wild and crazy fun. :)