This has nothing to do with the girls' education per se, but I am feeling so smart for signing up for the Windy Meadow Farms weekly produce delivery. Not only is it fun to pick up my produce on Friday afternoons at Mona's house in Brighton, but the deal is unbelievable. And it's like my birthday, to open up these three full grocery bags and see what I got. Today, $10 bought me a LARGE head of romaine lettuce, EIGHT beefsteak tomatoes (six ripe and two green, to ripen), eleven Roma tomatoes for sauce, a bag of 30 cherry tomatoes, six ears of corn, about 2.5 pounds of potatoes, a big eggplant, a summer squash, three cucumbers, four green peppers, a red pepper, and three sweet peppers. Better than a partridge in a pear tree!
I have to figure out how to cook eggplant.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment