Thursday, December 18, 2008

Paper Airplanes of Doom

I had written recently about it being almost impossible not to laugh at Ella when she gets into one of her little fits. We have really been trying not to, because it makes her pretty upset, even as it lets her see that whatever is going on is not too serious.

Enter Ella's new M. O.: the Airplanes of Doom.

Nowadays, when Ella gets into a snit, usually -- she admits this later -- for no good reason, she writes what she intends to be a nasty note on a piece of paper, makes it into a paper airplane, and sails it down the stairs into the kitchen.

Today's note read:
I DO NOT WONT
to Have
BRaKFast


Yesterday's was:
I HAT YOU
MADISON


You can imagine how difficult it has been around here, what with the humor barometer almost exploding, but with us trying like heck not to show her how funny it all is.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Ooh - I've gotten a paper airplane of doom! I felt honored and happy that she found a way to express her anger without making everyone within a 10 mile radius miserable. 'A' for effort.

Not saying, "'Hat' is pretty strong word, young lady" showed admirable restraint on your part.