I am leaving today for the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators annual conference in New York City and I have just ruined nine, count 'em, nine, sheets of business cards trying to get them to print properly. It looks fine on a regular sheet, all nice and lined up when I hold it up to the light with a sheet of business cards. So why, WHY, when I put the actual business card sheet in does it print a half-inch higher? Huh? This is the ultimate in frustration.
They will print properly on the WRONG side of the business card, the kind that is not designed to hold ink. But on the proper side, somehow the printer senses the first horizontal perforation and starts printing there, rather than half an inch below where it supposed to print. It thinks it's smarter than me.
I need the damned business cards.
Update: It worked all right on David's printer. There were still some quirks, but they were manageable. Shame on me for not thinking of that before I wasted 11 sheets on mine. I got 22 useable cards out of that whole package.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment