Monday, January 12, 2009

My belly hurts...

Sometime back in December, all four of us went through a bad stomach virus, bam, bam, bam, bam, all in a row.

It seems that neither David nor Ella has gotten back up to par since then.

Almost every day, several times each day, I get a mournful "My belly hurts..." from Ella. We usually give her some yogurt or bread and it goes away. And, she just simply finds that she can't eat as much at one sitting. Then, the belly hurts, but in a different way.

And the thing is, it's worse, much worse, if she doesn't want to do something. That's the stickler for me.

She purports to be very nervous that she is going to throw up, at these times. When this first started, a few days after the illness had subsided, I took it totally seriously. But then, we started to realize that there was little danger of her actually vomiting, and that she feels worse if she's hungry or very full.

I would think that it's just Ella being over-proprioceptive.

But then, David reports that he's still not totally up to snuff, digestive-system-wise, ever since that bug hit us all.

So, I can't tell if there is physiological basis for this all. And, I wouldn't really know what to do about it if there WAS some physiological basis. So, I'm not QUITE brushing all of this off, but for now it seems there is nothing to do about it. Except keep a lot of yogurt and applesauce on hand.

No comments: