Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cookies. Really, really good cookies


One of my clients is the Carolina Cookie company. They sell cookies through the mail, as you might guess, given my real job.

The owner, Gary, is the nicest guy in the world, and he owes me big because I found a way to extract data that saved him hours and days of headache with the North Carolina Dept of Revenue, who decided to audit him.

It's also That Time of Year again when I'm in the midst of getting donations for the Bach Children's Chorus silent auction. And, this year, I convinced the BCC that they should put the auction online, gradually, instead of cramming all of the items into one space for the Gala, for people to bid on one night only. This way, we spread it out throughout the community (and beyond, for the things that are THINGS rather than being Rochester-specific) rather than pumping only the people who attend the Gala for that much more cash. So, we're now using MissionFish, the arm of eBay that's for nonprofits.

That's a long way of saying that I convinced my North Carolina guy to donate a YEAR'S WORTH of Carolina Cookies -- his Cookie of the Month club, for 12 months. He was happy to. These are really fantastic cookies, and we just put up the auction yesterday, and NO ONE has bid on it yet. It's worth over $200, and makes a great gift. In case anyone is hankering for cookies once per month for a year, or wants to impress someone for not much money, I thought I would make the few of you who read this blog aware of it. You can click here to read more about it, and bid.

No comments: