All week, Madison has been absolutely scrupulous about keeping that room spotless. And, she wanted it to be a Japanese-themed room. So, on Friday, we went to Jo-Ann Fabrics, she picked out some gorgeous bright-red-with-gold silky fabric (on sale for $7/yard), and some very classy brass curtain rods, and I made her curtains. Interestingly, she decided that instead of two curtains per window, she wanted just one, and she wanted it to be flat, spread out across, like a shade ("more Japanese-y") rather than bunched up and drawn to the side. Honestly, it looks great.
And then on Saturday morning, for a surprise I went back to Jo-Ann and bought these two beautiful red decorative gauze lanterns (no lights in them) to hang between the windows. And, the piece de resistance, I got one of those little boxy shade lights and a silk red orchid plant for her nightstand.
I have promised to paint a Japanese pagoda at some point for the wall, but that's going to have to wait a while. But I did want to get that room a little transformed, so that was part of my burst of activity Friday and Saturday.
Presenting: Madison's Japanese Room:

3 comments:
Gorgeous!
Just FYI, Pier One sells oriental-style window shades if you're interested.
Now, do you all have to leave your shoes outside her door?
- Patrick
We went to Pier One yesterday! We didn't actually get anything. What Madison was salivating over was the vases, other nicknacks, and furniture! She has concluded that she needs a new, much bigger, room in order to fit in what she is fantasizing about. The kid actually has good taste.
Post a Comment