
Hi, folks. I'm taking a big leap here and posting a link to my new web site,
The-Frontier-Team.com
I created this web site in the last several weeks, from an idea I got while attending the Society of Children's Writers and Illustrators conference. As I practically think in HTML, it made sense to create a web site to sell the book series to a publisher or agent. This is unusual, I haven't seen any other sites like this, so I hope it gets some attention.
I won't say anything here about the series, I'll just let the site tell it to those of you curious enough to give your comments, about either the site or the book series. The site needs to be simple, navigable, and tell you exactly what you need to know if you were someone looking to take on the author of the next hot series for 8-to-12-year-olds.
I found a fabulous illustrator to draw my 10 kids and their cabin; she sent me the rest of the drawings today, and of course I put them right up. See what you think!
Criticism is VERY welcome. I know you'll be nice.
Deep breath and I'm hitting the Publish button.
Update: Does anyone see any font size issues? The quotes from the book are Times New Roman, everything else should be Arial. I can't tell any font size problems here on my computer, but David swears he saw differences between the pages from work. Thanks.
6 comments:
Very exciting!!!!!!
Wow! These books look really cool! I can't wait to read them and I'll definitely link to the site.
Re: the website, I'd like to see the kids' profiles linked on each profile page so I don't have to keep going back to the main "Introducting the Team" page.
Re: the font, the excerpts from the book are not all in the same size type (Joshua, Isabelle, Grant, Oliver appear larger on my machine), but the typestyle seems to be consistent in all.
Again, congratulations!
re: The kids' individual profiles page -- in your opinion, would just a single line across the bottom of the page with links to Karen Rose, Max, etc do the trick?
Thank you SO MUCH for the font comments. I couldn't tell on my screen, and it was maddening. I think I have fixed them, if you see this and could check again, I'd be grateful.
That would work as it's consistent with the main introduction page. I do wonder if it would be more attractive in the side bar. Maybe not.
I guess you'll have to try both and see what you like better.
You didn't have anything better to do, did you?
Okay, I did it...I think it works.
E.g.:
http://www.the-frontier-team.com/introducing-the-team/max
Thanks so much for the suggestion.
It looks good, too.
I particularly like reading the characters' favorites. It really brings them to life!
Post a Comment