I know, it seems a little unusual, to be blogging about cookies. But, frankly, I've been getting anxious and depressed about the state of the economy. I can't believe that my worries over the economy have now trumped my worries over defense, but there it is. I now realize it may have been a poor decision for my psychological health to start home delivery of the Wall Street Journal back up again last week. Can it really be true that we've got to parry Keynesian arguments again, for goodness' sake? And socialized freakin' medicine? And when it all starts really to collapse, they're really going to do it, aren't they, they're really going to print paper money. It makes me want to spend NOW on home improvements at a time when my dollar is still worth something. It makes me want to plow under my yard and make it a garden. And buy a wood-burning stove. And store drinkable water.
Anyway, working on something concrete -- like creative and delicious ways to raise funds for the girls' chorus in a way that everyone wins -- helps take my mind off it all. I also scrubbed the bathroom and reorganized the schoolroom this weekend, because although I couldn't manage brainy stuff what with how I've been feeling, I had to get *something* accomplished.
Back to more fun stuff tomorrow, I promise.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why *not* blog about cookies? There is no replacement for the delicious taste and tempting aroma of cookies fresh out of the oven. Me, I've been making some killer shortbread of late... :)
Post a Comment