Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sketch-up

Last week was an insanely busy week, culminating in a Gala on Saturday night that I helped coordinate. At the beginning of the week, I was vaulted into the position of Acting President of the board of directors of the kids' choir because of health problems on the part of the president. Then, the night before the Gala, the Master of Ceremonies, a local baritone, called with the news that he had pneumonia. So I had to be not only Acting President but Acting MC. Then I promptly got sick. But this morning I really feel on my way up.

My kids have been using a wonderful free program of late called Sketch-Up. It lets you draw in 3-D. Here is what Ella did this morning: "My Summer House." (Actually, "My Summr Hows")



Can you see the little garden, the deck, the house, and the pond? I love it!

Madison has been redesigning the layout of her room using Sketch-Up. I had seen a notice about it with a note that it is also wonderful for kids with autism, a really neat and not-too-difficult way to express oneself in ways that look just beautiful.

If you download it, the free version is great, don't try for the Pro version; you have to pay for that.

No comments: