Thursday, April 09, 2009

So cute I wish I knew where Madison put the camera

This evening, the girls decided to make a "fort" in our bedroom: They dragged ottomans and chairs and large pillows and the like about 2 feet away from the windows, and pulled the floor-length curtains over the tops of these makeshift fort walls. They draped more blankets and sheets around to make doors and reinforce the fort ceiling. They snuggled in more blankets and pillows, and despite my predictions to the contrary, they are now peacefully sleeping inside their fort.

I'm so grateful they're still young enough to want to do this!

I really hope they don't wake up in the middle of the very dark night and panic, not knowing where they are. At least I'll only be 5 feet away.

Anyway, it's a good thing they're doing this now, because last night David and I pulled up a corner of the dirty-beige carpet in the bedroom and discovered that the hardwood floors underneath are great. We're thinking this weekend might be a big get-rid-of-ugly-carpet weekend. Colder, to be sure, in an already-cold room, but we'll manage.

No comments: