I always leave the every-two-year car inspection until the last minute, or over.
My inspection was due by the end of April, and I decided really to take the bull by the horns and get it done on April 29.
The car didn't pass, because the Check Engine light, which has been on without pause and without meaning since 2002, was lit as usual.
"Oh, don't fuss about that," I said. "It's been lit since 2002. It doesn't mean anything."
"Sorry, ma'am," said the Jiffy Lube people. "We're not allowed to pass it. You'll have to take it to your mechanic. Within 30 days we can re-inspect it for free and pass it if that light is off."
I grumbled to myself about a waste of time and $25. Because, of course, the mechanic is also an inspection station, it will just cost me more than the Jiffy Lube people, they're out of my way, and you have to make an appointment.
It turned out that the Jiffy Lube people had turned on these weird dashboard lights in the car, lights I never use. I didn't notice. So the next morning when I went to turn on the car, the battery was dead. I was pretty ticked off about the whole experience while David was jumping the car back to life.
But when I started driving, I noticed that something was different. The Check Engine light was OFF! For the first time in 7 years!
I high-tailed it back to the Jiffy Lube that afternoon, and they inspected it (for free, of course) and the car PASSED.
(When do Car Experience stories ever work out for the BEST?)
Monday, May 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha! That's great!
Post a Comment