I pitched my book to seven agents today at the Book Expo America / Writer's Digest Pitch Slam, and came away with six thumbs-ups. Two invitations to query, two requests for the first three chapters, and two requests for the full manuscript!
The one who refused it said that she thought it had "commercial legs," but it just wasn't her kind of thing.
One of the requests for the full manuscript was accompanied by the loveliest of compliments: "I would ask you for an exclusive read, but I just know there are other agents who are going to request the manuscript today, so that wouldn't be fair. Just get it to me soon, I love it!"
AAHHHHHHHHH.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Three cheers for you! And I'm not surprised--the book *does* have commercial legs.
I'm very late in joining the congratulations, but good for you!
Post a Comment