Monday, November 23, 2009

The Fates, and programming

The Health Gods were not listening very carefully when I told them to bless us with illness early LAST week if they were going to at all this holiday season.

Ella is sick. Sore throat, and a very croupy-sounding cough. But maybe it's not the flu. She had a miserably congested night last night, which was no picnic for me, either.

The rest of us are still feeling okay. Keeping fingers crossed that Ella's the only one. No bowling for the girls this afternoon (who wants to infect the rest of the bowling alley!) and Ella will stay home instead of go to karate this evening.

In brighter news, though, the girls have been going gangbusters using a free programming language developed at MIT, called Scratch. Madison used it all day yesterday, and today she showed Ella how to do it. Great for schoolwork! Logic! Math! reading! Thinking skills! School!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear poor Ella is sick! I'm sending her get-well-quickly wishes.