Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Recent busy-ness

I think I'm going to have to give up on the idea of 50,000 words for my novel this month. Besides, my novel won't end up being 50,000 words. But I'm woefully behind, at only about 7500 words, due partly to last week being devoted so heavily to the Rochester Children's Book Festival, and this week to catching up. I had a booth there to let folks know about KidsOutAndAbout.com. The booth is always 6 hours of nonstop helium balloon blowing-up-and-tying, but it's a great deal of fun. My kids get the biggest kick out of being The Kids Who Use The Helium Tank And Give Out Balloons (you can see the other kids envying them). And it's mostly a big annual ego trip for me because those parents who aren't busy signing up for the email list there are busy telling us how much they love the web site and getting the e-newsletter.

My goal is that within 2 years I'm going to be inside the main hall, behind a desk piled with my books, and hire someone else to be the face of KOA with my kids and get sore fingers blowing and tying balloons.

This is me and my colleague June (who is going to help me with the administrative work of expanding KOA) and Madison and Ella at the booth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard it was a fantastic turnout! I was home very busily writing materials for my homeschooling class. I'm halfway through now!