Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Emails from a 10-year-old

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:03:20
Subject: Re: book
From: Madison Ross
To: Debra Ross
Dear Deb

I can't take time to come down but my book is coming along so great

-Madison

--------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:22:42
Subject: Re: book
From: Debra Ross
To: Madison Ross
Dear DEB?!!?!?!

Where's this coming from?


Love,

MOM

--------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:24:04
Subject: Re: book
From: Madison Ross
To: Debra Ross
um... is this not your name?

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Well, she has a point. And how did you respond to her 10 year-old wisdom (because it made me laugh)?

Deb said...

Oh, I immediately ran up two flights of stairs, opened the door to the attic stairs, and yelled up, "YOU ARE SO FUNNY!" She replied, dryly, "Yes, I am, aren't I."

This is the same kid who had the following conversation with David this past weekend:

"Dad, Mom really wants a waffle iron for Christmas."

"I don't know if Mom would trust me to get her the right waffle iron."

"Somehow, I think she assumes you could work that out," she replied.

John Enright said...

Hilarious.