Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gross? Funny? I'm not sure

I have a new dentist.

He seemed fine, he seemed competent, he seemed personable.

He filled three cavities for me this morning, so my whole mouth is still numb. The girls are at a homeschool activity from 9:30-2:00. I'm talking awfully funny, so the fact that they are doing their thing now instead of talking to me is bad from their perspective, good from mine.

The problem: I'm back at home, and I just found a wadded-up roll of gauze in my upper left quadrant, between my gum and my lip.

I do not know whether to hold it against the dentist.
(No, I don't mean literally.)

Do I?

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Gross (the literally thing).

I've had some pretty bad dentists in my day, but especially since you are a new patient, I think it will only benefit you in the long run to let them know. Unless they told you they were leaving it there for some reason, you want them to get better, not worse. A gauze wad here, an unintended tooth removal there...

Once you tell them, you can brush it off as funny.