For about the last four months, Ella every night asks me if "tonight we can have a restaurant." By this, she means that I am the chef, she sets the dining room table nicely, and writes out a menu for each customer (David and Madison). She dresses all in black, and takes a white long-sleeved tee shirt and ties it around her waist like an apron, tucking a pad into the "belt" of the "apron" and a pen behind her ear. I sit down at the table, and she takes our orders with that official, friendly, authoritative, and slightly detached air that waitresses have. Then, I race back into the kitchen and prepare drinks while Ella brings out all of the food that I have set out in order in the kitchen.
She names the restaurant something different each night, names like "The Pine Cone." Often, there is entertainment, too, usually a pianist (Madison) and dancing (Ella).
I love this age.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am always amazed at how creative kids can be. I'm so glad they are in an environment that rewards it!
Post a Comment