Mary and James each work. One is a bricklayer. One is a gardener. The man is not a bricklayer. Who does what?
Mandy believes that everyone should go to a dentist at least twice a year. Mandy knows her brother has been to a dentist only once in the last two years. What must Mandy believe about her brother?
The more complicated ones at the back of the book use traditional logic puzzle charts to solve. They're still pretty easy, and I was working through them with Madison starting last week. She can do some of them in her head, but when I showed her how to do the charts to make it easy, she LOVED it. The kid is on fire with them. I had to search the internet for more. I found some on this page at DiscoverySchool.com.
Also, I ordered a book called Super Sleuth: 12 Solve-it-Yourself Mysteries, which came yesterday. There are twelve short detective stories; each uses a logic chart to solve the mystery. She loves these. She read and solved nine of them, and couldn't believe her good luck when I told her that indeed it counted as Mommy School.
No comments:
Post a Comment