One of the originators of a great birding site, Mike of 10,000 Birds, is moving from the Bronx to Rochester!
I definitely recommend 10,000 Birds. Heavy on the science, usually very accessible information, beautiful photos, fairly light on the conservation aspects of things. Perfect for adults and kids who are interested in nature.
I'm so excited that Mike is moving up here. I'm sure he'll be able to sharpen our awareness of the local birds. I put a nice comment on his post this morning announcing the move, and offered to make sure his western New York posts get indexed on KidsOutAndAbout.com so that Rochesterians can benefit. He responded that he's already well aware of KidsOutAndAbout.com, that his wife had bookmarked it weeks ago in preparation for the move, and he'll be in touch. Isn't that neat?
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment