Sunday, June 29, 2008

PowerPoint

I showed Madison PowerPoint yesterday, and today she spent four solid hours working on it, making slide shows, learning things I didn't know that PowerPoint could do. She's a fiddler, that kid. She is perfectly happy to mess around in a program and discover what it does. She LOVES doing that.

I can't wait until we get the robot. And her two-week engineering camp at RIT starts a week from tomorrow.

She spent a little while prancing around today, showing us her creations and telling us how much she loves computers, working with photo editing software and putting her new creations into PowerPoint slide shows. So I'm thinking it's about time to figure out how to hook up our VHS-C video recorder to the computer, and get her some friendly video editing software, and let her go nuts.

We actually know the guy who was the principal designer of the original PowerPoint; an objectivist, as it happens. Dennis Austin. Thanks, Dennis, for giving us all of this power!

No comments: