Madison came home from camp yesterday, smiling again at me in that way.
"Okay, guess what we talked about TODAY at engineering camp?" she asked.
"Oh, gee, did you save whales?" I asked.
"Nope."
"Refuse to cut down trees?"
"Worse."
"What could be worse?"
"Organic food, of course. Did you know," she continued, mock-innocently, "that organic food has more minerals. Yep. That's what they told us. More minerals. That's why it's better for us. So it's time to start buying organic food, Mom. Right? Or we'll all start dying soon."
I groaned.
"Aren't you going to bang your head against the wall again?" she encouraged.
I complied.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Max came home from school last month and told me that big stores (he didn't say Walmart, but that's probably what he was thinking) are bad because they hire people overseas and take jobs away from Americans. And, those people overseas are living below our standards! (Clearly it is the big corporations exploiting them.)
"So," I said, "Would it be better if we took the jobs away from the people overseas, who really want the jobs, and let them live in even greater poverty than they do?" I pointed out that, as long as they weren't working in slavery or endentured servitude, they were involved in a contract/free trade, and it was their choice.
Poor Max! He's terribly prone to believe ANYTHING his teacher tells him, or ANYTHING he reads. And he gloms on to "facts" quickly in order to shape his world. Then his mother throws him this curve ball!
Post a Comment