
Well, it was almost perfect: I applied the girls' sunscreen somewhat imperfectly (should have applied a third time), and so they're still groaning a bit this morning.
The water was awesome: Warm and welcoming and just surfy enough. I spent quite some time out in it, swimming around and floating. I marveled at how much easier it is to float in salt water. It seemed even easier than it has in the past, somehow...and then I remembered that the more fat cells you have, the more floaty you are...so I dispelled that thought quickly and just concentrated on the lovely up and down feeling. Up...and down...and up...and down...and OH MY GOD can it be true? Yes, it is...I've made myself seasick floating in the ocean! I had to swim frantically to shore, flop down on the nonundulating sand, and take some deep breaths to avoid barfing in front of all of the proper people on the beach.
That's one thing about Martha's Vineyard...people are so proper that going to the beach is quite a different experience than in, say, New Jersey. No swearing, no inappropriate behavior, that's just the way the people are. Didn't even see anyone smoking.
Oh, and we saw a SEAL about 40 yards off the shore. So cool. Wish I'd gotten a picture. But we did get photos of other unusual marine life:

No comments:
Post a Comment