Hi! It looks as though readership of this blog has recently doubled...from the longstanding ~five readers to TEN WHOLE READERS. I installed the free SiteMeter functionality to this blog, and was fascinated to see readers from a couple of locations that I don't recognize. So...Do I know you? Phoenix? Michigan? California? Anyway, welcome!
This blog mostly provides a way for me to record Madison and Ella's progress through life. Since they were born, David and I have been writing a Book of Madison and a Book of Ella. I copy the posts to separate files periodically, and David writes privately. We'll combine our observations and bind it into books for each of their 18th birthdays. So, you may not find everything you read here to be interesting or relevant. I never particularly intended this to be insightful public commentary or anything--those who regularly read what I write publicly on KidsOutAndAbout might find themselves shocked, and that wouldn't be too good for business. On the other hand, if you find what I write pithy or inspiring, well, great!
If you unknown readers care to drop me a line just to introduce yourselves, send it to ross@axton.com.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great idea to combine your writing into a book for each girl.
Also, isn't looking at your sitemeter stats addictive? I try not to get too freaked out about it, but the "who" and "why" is quite compelling.
I love your pithy writing and often find it inspiring. So, thanks.
It IS addictive to look at the stats, true. Like I need another web site to be checking obsessively. But really fun. And more harmless than, say, playing Freecell when what I'm really supposed to be doing is writing the book.
P.S. LB, I checked out your profile. Do you have a blog?
And...seeing as you like mitochondria...do you like Madeline L'Engle's books? I love going back and rereading things with my girls that I read obsessively as a child, and seeing in retrospect how they influenced me. We recently did that with the three L'Engle books starting with A Wrinkle in Time; I asked about the mitochondria because of The Wind in the Door. I find, to my fascination, that although sometimes I can't precisely remember the plot of a book, I often know exactly the wording of the next phrase to be read.
Deb and LB, I read both your blogs on a regular basis. Deb, Lynne's blog is http://3-ring-binder.blogspot.com/.
I met my husband online and my plan was to print out all our emails to form a book as a wedding present for us. problem was that my hard drive crashed before I backed it up and we lost everything. We're not sentimental people, but still, I regret not having this record for my kids. I love the idea of making a book for the kids.
Post a Comment