Friday, August 22, 2008

Home

I'm...home. Yes.

We did have two days at the Jersey shore, though, last weekend, in the middle of our adventure. And just to show that actual fun was actually had, here is a photo of the girls with their cousins on my cousin's boat in Bayville.



We had lots of lovely dogs on this trip. Needless to say, it only inflamed the girls' desire for one of their own. That's Brandi, the dog that wears a life jacket on the boat and rides on a boogie board.



I will say this: I do love that Subaru. So I'm glad I got it fixed and we have a few more years out of it. Especially because as expensive as another motor was, it was a small fraction of the cost of a new Subaru. I will take better care of it than I have been doing, because I think that I had skimped a little on maintenance, and the mechanic could tell.

On the other hand, right now I want to take that Subaru exactly nowhere. It's still too full, anyhow. I must unpack. Unpacking is easier than packing. And you're not worried that you're forgetting anything.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm happy to read you finally made it home. I didn't fully appreciate the extent of your adventure until today (read only beginnings in Google reader).

This is the first year I have officially given up camping - forever! It's climate controlled resorts with integrated spas for me from now on. If only.

Glad you were able to make the most of your series of unfortunate events.

John Enright said...

What an adventure! Glad you survived it in such good spirits!