Friday, August 01, 2008

No problem, I'll just use a little physics here and...

...get Ella's surprise new armoire up our front steps?...



No, sadly, this will have to wait for David to come home from work.

I had planned for the whole thing to be a fait accompli while the girls were at a friend's house and David was at work. You know, to get that in there and totally reorganize Ella's clothes and room. (She's had my grandfather's cheap old smallish particleboard dresser with the drawers whose bottoms are coming out, for far too long.) It fit perfectly in the back of the Subaru wagon. But I was just too cocky to think I could figure out how to get it up the front steps alone. Actual muscles turned out to be necessary for the whole enterprise. So my fait accompli is still a big fat non-accompli sitting in the driveway.

Yeah, I had some sense that wrapping 2/3 of it up in a tarp would help, somehow. Don't ask.

No comments: