Saturday, August 30, 2008

Maximum Ride

Madison's friend Max has enjoyed the Maximum Ride series of books by James Patterson, so last week I got Madison the first of the three that are out in paperback. She inhaled it, and so on Thursday we made a special trip to Barnes & Noble and got her the second and third. She read all day yesterday and finished both. Keep in mind that these are Young Adult books of 400 pages apiece.

She was in bed this morning rereading the end of the third book, and called to David as he passed her room.

"Hey, Dad!" she said. "Come here, I want to show you something."

She flipped to the back of the book where there was a sample chapter from the fourth book in the series, The Final Warning.

"Look, it says here: 'Now available in hardcover.' And, you know, they didn't just slap a title page on a hardcover book and sell that, there's an actual book."


(It loses something in the retelling, I'm afraid.)

The Final Warning is mostly checked out in the Monroe County Library system, but I've found a copy at a library in the city and we can hop in to get it this morning.

No comments: